Monday, April 7, 2008

New problem found on my CT scan

I went in this afternoon for a regular re staging scan. The phone was already ringing when we got home. It was my oncologist calling - that can't be good. He said the radiologist found a problem on the scan. I have a blood clot in my lung. It turns out is also related to my puffy foot. He asked me if I was having pain anywhere and I told his about the back of my knee hurting for awhile(I thought it was related to my weak leg muscles) and the puffy foot that showed up Sunday. He said that it is likely the original clot is located there and some broke off and ended up in my lung. The puffy foot would be lymphdema caused by the clot pushing on the lymph nodes. They are going to do an ultrasound to confirm this.

The treatment is to be on blood thinners (probably forever!!). I will be giving myself injections twice a day, so the pills have time to start working(5 days). He also said I should avoid using that leg too much for a couple of days. I almost afraid to move. I'm not sure if I should go to work tommorow. I actually feel good.

No comments: