Saturday, February 10, 2007

was that a routine scan?

I went over to St. Paul today to pick up the disk with my scans on for my appointment with the surgeon next week. Tonight when I got home I put the disk in the computer. It's fun to go through all the slices of your body. After spending sometime going through the films, I looked at the reports - not good.

The report says "multiple bilateral pulmonary nodules new from both prior PET CT and prior CT scan of 2005 compatable with metastases" What! I thought this was a routine scan. Why hasn't anyone called me.

The report says collected 1/30 at 11:13am resulted 1/30 at 2:21 pm. Today is 2/9. Was someone going to tell me? I see the doc on 2/13 (routine follow - up) I wonder if I should call or email him before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call or email him? I think you should bust in to his office and ask him when he was going to call you. It is a heavy burden to hear such devastating news while you are alone. I will keep you in my prayers.