Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Testing at NIH

I had a full day of testing on Monday. Early this morning they called to tell me that my doctor would be out sick and I could have the day off. I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow after my bone marrow biopsy (looking forward to that). I was able to talk to the infectious disease doc on Monday. He looked at my CT scan and said that based on how the pneumonia is healing it was bacterial. That is good news because the antibiotics are working and we don't want a viral pneumonia. I am feeling a lot better due to the antibiotics and my CMV level has also dropped enough for my drug dosage to be cut in half.
The trip out here was exhausting. Dulles is a huge airport. By the time I made it to the baggage claim (I took a couple of breaks) everyone was gone and just my suitcase was on the turnstyle. Somedays I feel like an old lady.

No comments: