Monday, March 17, 2008

More chemo

I started my second cycle of Gemzar today. My first cycle was not too successful. I only had two of the three doses because my blood counts were knocked down so low. Today they did give me an Aranesp shot to try to keep my red count up. I had a scan at the end of Feb and it show the mets are still growing (by millimeters). This scan was required by the study. I will be scanned in early April to see if the Gemzar is doing anything.

I asked the doc what drug he thought we should try next if Gemzar doesn't work. He did not have a definite answer - maybe Abraxane. I'm not sure what I think would be best either. I think I have had like 11 different drugs/combos and none have worked. He did mention the option of stopping treatment - I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.

No comments: