Thursday, June 21, 2007

making plans

It sounds like I could go out there on July 9th for a week of prescreening and if that goes well I would do 4 days of chemo. I could then come back for two weeks and return either for the start of the transplant or one more cycle of chemo. It all depends on how the chemo works. Now they are telling me that when I come out for the outpatient chemo I will need to have someone with me 24 hours a day. I have never needed anyone to accompany me to chemo. I'm not sure how I will work that out. I was having a hard enough time trying to find people to be there after the transplant. Of course there is the expense of flying people out as well.

I told several people at work today including my supervisor. They are all fine with me leaving. We are so busy at work I hate to dump all my work on them. I haven't told my staff that I will be taking 4 months off. Everyone is so stressed out these days that I'm not sure how to tell them about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thin you will be amazed how many people will be willing to help. Contact youmloca America
cancer Society. good luck!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
I agree with Kay; I think you'll be surprised by how many people are willing to help you. Sending you good vibes!

- Lisa (I should have mentioned yesterday that I post on Leroy's blog and that's where I saw your link to your blog) :)