Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Waiting for.........?

I guess I'm waiting to be matched with a trial to find some wonder cure for my cancer. I have heard back from Mayo and the U and they will not see me for a consult or second opinion. They both think I have exhausted all treatments and that my only hope is a phase I trial. I don't fully agree with that, but who would want to take on a new patient with such a grim prognosis.

There are 4 trials in Bethesda that I am trying to get into. I'm waiting for two more tubes to fill with blood and my clinic needs to send records and tumor blocks out there to be evaluated. My doc says that I shouldn't wait for more than 3 or 4 weeks before starting a treatment. I hope something turns up before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck in finding a trial. But whatever happens, i am struck by the lack of advocacy on your health care providers part. It seems that you will have to act as your own advocate or find someone close to you to do this, but if i were to suggest one thing, it would be to SWITCH DOCTORS!!! The one you are dealing with right now is not treating you like a real person, only a patient to be seen in a limited amount of time.