Thursday, June 14, 2007

options

Today I will have my blood drawn to be tested for a possible stem cell transplant trial. My brother sent his in yesterday and we need to be a 6/6 match to be eligible. Our chances of matching are about 25%. I know that this is probably my best option for treatment, but the risks, side effects, potential complications scare me. The worst thing is that the procedure would most likely result in me going on long term disability (never to return?) from work. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that, it's almost like admitting that I'm dying. I need some more time for denial :)

1 comment:

The "Middle" Ages.... said...

Jill,
So sorry to read about how scary and hard things are for you. My husband has been battling lung cancer for almost a year. Surgeries, Chemo -you know the drill. He is in a quiet spot right now..whew... We've just begun the work of it. You sound like (sadly) a pro. Too many experiences! Best of luck. I'll be following your trail. DS